Physicians CareConnection (PCC) is a volunteer based charitable organization coordinating medical care for people who are vulnerable in Central Ohio. It was established in 1993 by the physicians of the Columbus Medical Association. Volunteer physicians see patients in a “physical” clinic that is operated on Monday nights and/or in their private offices throughout central Ohio, free of charge.
The core competency of PCC is care coordination. Care coordination addresses the needs of patients as they navigate the health care system and works to provide them with the resources necessary to obtain health care services. Care coordination interventions represent a wide range of approaches at the service delivery and systems level. Coordination for patients with complex health care needs often involves multiple participants who individually provide specialized knowledge, skills, and services, and who together potentially provide a comprehensive, coherent, and continuous response to a patient's unique health care needs.
Physicians CareConnection has achieved successful health care outcomes for high risk, hard to reach populations in central Ohio by centralizing care coordination services that connect people with the resources needed when trying to address critical health care needs. Patients who have received services through PCC are experiencing an improved physical and mental health status, easier access to care, and a decrease in emergency room utilization.
You can make a difference today with your tax-deductible contribution to Physicians CareConnection:
Click here to donate now!
- A donation of $20 will help your neighbor with a chronic illness receive a 6-month supply of medicine
- A donation of $50 will help 12 people who are homeless receive transportation to and from a medical appointment
- A donation of $100 will help 3 cashiers from your local supermarket purchase eyeglasses
- A donation of $500 will cover the cost of diapers for the first year of a child's life
- A donation of $1,000 could cover the care of 3 patients participating in PCC programs for an entire year
1390 Dublin Road
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Monday Night Clinic (operates out of the Columbus Public Health Building's Sexual Health Clinic)
240 Parsons Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43215